Beginning in July of this year, the California Bar Examination will be weighted as follows:
- Multiple choice (i.e., MBE): 50% [200 items, 175 of them scored]
- Essays (non-MEE): 35.7% [Five 1-hour questions]
- Performance Test (non-MPT): 14.3% [One 90-minute test]
For those taking the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE), the weighting is as follows:
- Multiple choice (MBE): 50% [200 items, 175 of them scored]
- Essays (MEE): 35.7% [Six 30-minute questions]
- Performance Test (MPT): 14.3% [Two 90-minute tests]
Sign up for free CalBar Updates!
Our free hub of bar exam predictions, debriefs, tips and strategies, and community with us and your fellow bar exammates.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.